- This event has passed.
Lamaze Evidence-Based Labor Support – Lewisburg
June 1 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
Labor and delivery nurses play an essential role in ensuring healthy, satisfying birth, and breastfeeding initiation. The Lamaze Evidence-Based Labor Support for Nurses Workshop educates labor and delivery nurses to create the bridge between knowledge and practice!
- One-day interactive, hands-on curriculum
- Appropriate for new and experienced nurses
- Evidence-based skills to support normal physiology of labor, birth and breastfeeding
- Enhances job satisfaction
- Hospitals benefit through higher quality measures and patient satisfaction scores
- Childbearing families can benefit from a healthy and satisfying birth experience.
Upon completion of the program, learners will gain:
- Increased confidence among participants that the supportive care they provide during labor and birth is evidence-based.
- Strategies for implementing evidence-based labor support measures within their practices.
- Increased knowledge of the role they play in improving Joint Commission Perinatal Care Core Measures relating to elective delivery, Cesarean birth, exclusive breastmilk feeding, and consumer satisfaction.
- Increased expertise and skills in providing labor support.
Presenters Molly McMillion RN, BSN, IBCLC, LCCE, Shauna Lively, EdD, RN LCCE, Leigh Belin, RN, LCCE will lead this one-day event. Their expertise and guidance will boost your confidence while helping develop the skills needed to become a nurturing labor support care provider.
Good labor support, including mothers with epidurals, will reduce C-Section rates, according to the California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative.
This program has been approved by Lamaze International for 8.0 Lamaze Contact Hours. Lamaze International is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 15932.
Fill out the RSVP form below.
For more information contact: