- This event has passed.
Doula Day Advanced Workshop
August 19 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
The WV Perinatal Partnership invites you to join us for DOULA DAY!
Complimentary Registration for WV Doulas & Doula Students Courtesy of UniCare
August 19, 2023
10 AM until 3 PM
Days Inn Flatwoods, Sutton, WV
Robin Elise Weiss, Ph.D., MPH, CPH, LCCE, AdvCD(DONA)
Robin Elise Weiss is a doula, doula trainer, and president-elect with DONA International. Robin has been involved with birth since 1989, teaching and attending to thousands of people as a doula or doula trainer. She is the author of multiple books and websites on pregnancy and parenting for consumers.
Ann Grauer, AdvCD/AdvPCD(DONA), BDT/PDT(DONA), LCCE, FACCE, IBCLC, RLC
Ann Grauer trains postpartum doulas through DONA International and is a past president of the organization. Ann has been working with pregnant, birthing, and new families since 1989. She created Wisconsin’s first hospital-based doula program and is an experienced facilitator of a variety of support groups for new parents.
- Discuss and demonstrate various advanced labor positions that can facilitate a smoother birth process.
- Engage in a hands-on practice session with a partner to understand how to assist in transitions between positions effectively.
- Discuss TENS in the doula’s standards of practice.
- Consider the benefits, barriers, and problems with adding TENS to your doula practice.
- Discuss strategies for establishing and growing a doula business, with a focus on networking, community engagement, and social media presence.
- Share resources for further learning and tools for better business management.
- Demonstrate advanced techniques to support labor progress.
- Describe five protective social structures in postpartum.
- List two ways a birth or postpartum doula can help a client plan for postpartum.
10:00–11:00am – Hands-on Skills & Advanced Pain Management Techniques
11:00am–12:00pm – Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)/ Post Partum Breakout Session 1
12:00–12:30pm – Lunch Break (Lunch provided)
12:30–1:30pm – Business Development for Doulas
1:30–2:30pm – Advanced Techniques for Supporting Labor Progress/ Post Partum Doula Breakout Session 2
2:30–3:00pm – Roundtable Discussion and Closing Remarks
For questions/more information, contact:
Shauna Lively – email@example.com | Denise Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org