National DEC’s 12th Annual Conference
The Civic Center, Charleston, West Virginia
October 6–8, 2015
We anticipate a nationwide representation of service providers and professionals, including child welfare providers, substance abuse treatment providers, juvenile and family court judges and attorneys, law enforcement, prosecutors, probation officers, prevention specialists, maternal and child health agencies, physicians, nurses, researchers and evaluators, educators, Tribal communities, community organizations serving youth, and children and adult mental health providers.
The WV Center for Children’s Justice (the Children’s Justice Task Force and the WV Alliance for Drug Endangered Children) will be hosting the 2015 National Alliance for Drug Endangered Children Conference this year on October 6-8, 2015 at the Civic Center in Charleston, WV. This will be in place of the regular conferences that both the CJTF and WV DEC put on annually.
This conference will include 4 plenaries and 42 breakout sessions from presenters in West Virginia and around the United States.
· Drug Endangered Children Overview and Awareness
· Safeguarding Children During Investigative and Tactical Operations
· Today’s Emerging Drug Trends
· Handle with Care
· Reducing Adverse Childhood Experiences through Family-Based, Skill Building Programs
· Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome and the Neurodevelopmental Impact for Opiate Exposed Infants
· Tribal Laws in Indian Country
· Drug Recognition Expert and DEC cases
· Evidence Collection for all Disciplines in DEC cases
· Gang Effects on Communities
· Interviewing Drug Endangered Children
· Time IN Strategies for the Drug Endangered Child in the Classroom
· Visual Autopsy of Child Deaths
· Staying Safe and Guarding Against Abuse and Neglect for those with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
· From Pills to Heroin
· Understanding the Effects of Trauma on Children
· Intersection of Human Trafficking and Drug Endangered Children
· Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
· BHO Lab Explosions
CEUs will be requested for law enforcement, attorneys, social workers, counselors, psychologists, addiction/prevention, nursing, and domestic violence advocates.
The registration fee for this conference is $250 but we have secured a reduced rate of $150 for West Virginia residents.
Exhibitors will be charged the registration fee plus $25.
Registration opened today! To sign up, just go to: http://go.wv.gov/nadec
Questions? For questions and concerns about the registration process, please contact Lisa Carmelia at 304-766-5881 or via email at lisa.w.Carmelia@wvsp.gov
For more information on the National Alliance for Drug Endangered Children, you can go to: http://www.nationaldec.org/