- This event has passed.
WVPP – 2022 Spring Conference
May 12, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$25.00
WV Perinatal Partnership’s Spring Conference
Nurses, Social Workers, Care Coordinators, Home Visitors and Doulas
This conference will provide an opportunity for nurses, social workers, care coordinators and home visitation team members to learn new information, review updates, and share ideas for better health outcomes for mothers and babies. The program agenda will include discussion of respectful care at delivery, breastfeeding, COVID resources and impact on care, doula care, bereavement and patient safety initiatives. Join us for a day to learn, network and share in the experience of being together to discuss the important work we all do every day.
- Participants will discuss the idea of respectful care and how personal and system bias can influence maternal and newborn outcomes
- Participants will be able to describe the AIM patient safety initiatives, discuss current data and develop action plans for implementation of the Patient Safety Bundles
- Participants will be able to describe birth outcomes data and how it is used to impact care and state policy development
- Individuals will engage in networking and professional socialization to enhance sharing of innovative and best practices across different healthcare organizations
- Participants will be able to identify measures to increase breastfeeding success and support across all types of healthcare organizations and situations
- Conference attendees will be able to discuss the impact Doulas can make on prenatal, intrapartum and postpartum patients and families
- Participants will discuss Shared Decision Making Counseling for contraception and begin to identify biases for improved patient experience.
This program is generously funded by a grant from the WV Department of Health and Human Resources.
Updates in Maternity and Neonatal Care
8:30 am – Welcome and Introductions
8:45 am – Respectful Care – Introducing the new AWHONN Toolkit for maternity care
9:15 am – Bereavement and Perinatal Loss– Liz Cohen, MSW
10:00 am – Break – Exhibit Visitation
10:15 am – AIM Updates
10:45 am – WV Birthscore – Data Collection process, and use – Amna Uma, Candice LeFeber
11:15 am – Doulas in L&D – Your New Best Friend–Dr. Robin Weiss
12:00 pm – Lunch – included (Networking and exhibit visitation)
12:45 pm – Breastfeeding Updates—Molly McMillion
1:30 pm – Hypoglycemia in Neonate -Robin Zuniga and Dr. Copland
200 pm – Break
2:15 pm – COVID 19 – Care and Vaccination Trends in the Perinatal Population
2:45 pm – Love Your Birth Control – A Shared Decision Making Approach to Contraceptive Counseling
4:00 pm – Conclusion