- This event has passed.
Teaching You to Teach Others – Lamaze Childbirth Instructor Program
May 20, 2019 - May 22, 2019Free
May 20, 21 & 22, 2019
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
St. John xxiii Pastoral Center, Charleston, WV
(22 Nursing Contact Hours)
An Accredited Childbirth Educator Program of Lamaze International
This seminar is sponsored by the West Virginia Perinatal Partnership.
Generously supported by DHHR, the Office of Maternal, Child and Family Health
Research suggests that good labor support, even with mothers who have epidurals,
reduces cesarean delivery rates.
–California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative
The Lamaze Mission
To advance safe and healthy pregnancy, birth, and early parenting through evidence-based education and advocacy.
Lamaze CBE Competencies
- Promotes childbearing as a natural, healthy process that profoundly affects women and their families.
- Helps women and families discover and use strategies to facilitate natural, healthy pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and early parenting.
- Helps women and families to understand how intervention and complications influence the normal course of pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and early postpartum.
- Gives information and support that encourages attachment between babies and their families.
- Helps women and families make informed decisions for childbearing.
- Advocates for women and families who want natural, safe and healthy childbirth.
- Designs, teaches, and evaluates a course in Lamaze preparation that increases a woman’s confidence and ability to give birth.
Complimentary Registration for WV residents or those practicing in WV. Register at www.wvperinatal.org (click on the events calendar) Michele Ondeck will then send you a Lamaze application form to complete. $575 for out of state participants.
Workbook fee $225 obtain at www.lamazeinternational.org/learningguide. Includes all teaching resources. Included is a 1 year student membership. Lodging at St. John is $65/night. Lunch and breaks provided. Dinner on your own.
The requirements for becoming a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator include attending the seminar and completing the self-study program in the Lamaze Childbirth Educator Study Guide. In addition, it is highly recommended to observe childbirth classes and births; and to individualize a curriculum to teach.
The purpose of the Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminar is to enable learners to develop the knowledge and skills to plan, facilitate, and evaluate a childbirth education program. This seminar has approved for 22 Lamaze contact hours and 22 CNE. Lamaze International is an accredited provider of nursing continuing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Michele Ondeck, RN, MEd, LCCE, IBCLC
This seminar can be used to apply for the Lamaze International Childbirth Educator Certification Exam. The only certification accredited by The National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). Exam dates are each April and October.
Visit the Lamaze website to learn about Lamaze and its programs www.lamazeinternational.org
For more information and application form contact: Michele Ondeck at email@example.com or call 412-901-4586
Shauna Lively, RN EdD, LCCE Outreach Education, WV Perinatal Partnership at 304-516-1083 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about perinatal outreach education opportunities, contact Shauna Lively, Perinatal Outreach Education Director, at (304) 516-1083 or email@example.com.