3-Day Lamaze Childbirth Educator Workshop
March 18 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
March 18, 19 & 20, 2024 In-Person
The Lamaze Mission
To advance safe and healthy pregnancy, birth, and early parenting through evidence-based education and advocacy.
Lamaze CBE Competencies
- Promotes childbearing as a natural, healthy process that profoundly affects women and their families.
- Helps women and families discover and use strategies to facilitate natural, healthy pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and early parenting.
- Helps women and families to understand how intervention and complications influence the normal course of pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and early postpartum.
- Gives information and support that encourages attachment between babies and their families.
- Helps women and families make informed decisions for childbearing.
- Advocates for women and families who want natural, safe and healthy childbirth.
- Designs, teaches, and evaluates a course in Lamaze preparation that increases a woman’s confidence and ability to give birth.
The purpose of the Lamaze Childbirth Educator Seminar is to enable learners to develop the knowledge and skills to plan, facilitate, and evaluate a childbirth education program.
The requirements for becoming a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE) include attending the seminar and completing the self-study program in the Lamaze Childbirth Educator Study Guide. In addition, it is highly recommended to observe childbirth classes and births; and to individualize a curriculum to teach.
This seminar can be used to apply for the Lamaze International Childbirth Educator Certification Exam. Exam is scheduled for November. This seminar has been approved by Lamaze International for 22 Lamaze Contact Hours. Lamaze International is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 15932. Activity approved for 22 Contact Hours of Continuing Nursing Education credit.
Visit the Lamaze web site to learn about Lamaze and its programs www.lamazeinternational.org
Molly McMillion, RN, IBCLC, LCCE, CTTS, CPST
Katheryn Colvin, RN, MSN, LCCE
Shauna Lively, RN, EdD, LCCE
Complimentary Registration for WV residents or those practicing in WV. Register by emailing Shauna Lively who will then send you a Lamaze application form to complete. $575 for out-of-state participants.
Complimentary Workbook ($250 value) will be given to participants. Included is a 1-year student membership to Lamaze International. Certification exam in Nov is $395 with a possibility of scholarship and it includes a 3-year membership and the Journal of Perinatal Education.
Lodging at St. John xxiii Pastoral Care Center, Charleston provided. Lunch and breaks provided. Dinner on your own.
For more information contact:
Shauna Lively at firstname.lastname@example.org
This seminar is sponsored by the West Virginia Perinatal Partnership and is made possible through the support of WV Department of Health and Human Resources, Office of Maternal, Child and Family Health and Health and Human Resources Administration (HRSA) and Unicare Doula Project.